If you’re in the market for a new washing machine, you may be feeling overwhelmed by all the options that are out there today. Top load or front load? HE? Ultra Large Capacity? Steam cycle? What is all this stuff, and do you really need it?!
With more options than ever, there are a lot of great washing machines out there, but i’m going to narrow it down to the top 3 washing machines on the market in 2016.
Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum WTW8900BC
Priced at around $1200, this top load machine is a top of the line machine which is packed full of features. It has many cycle options including sanitary and allergen cycles. It also has energy saving features, which means it will save you money.
- It also features an ecoboost option which optimizes the water temperature and spin speed which ends up saving you energy.
- The Whirlpool Cabrio machine also has an eco monitor which is a display screen that shows you how much energy your washer is using – this is an amazing feature to have!
- The yearly operating cost of this washing machine is estimated at $16 a year, which is quite impressive.
- You can set a delay for up to 12 hours, and this washer features an impressive 15 cycle options.
Overall the Whirlpool Cabrio is an excellent machine – it has all the bells and whistles but is a little easier on the wallet than other top of the line machines.
Kenmore Elite 41472
Priced at around $1300, this high-end washer gets your clothes impressively clean in just 38 minutes on a normal wash cycle and 19 minutes on a “quick wash” cycle.
his machine is energy efficient, and you will be amazed at it’s ability to remove stains.
- The average yearly operating cost of this machine is only $20 a year.
- The Kenmore Elite features 12 different wash cycles, including a very impressive sanitary cycle.
- This machine even allows you to totally customize a load with any of 5 settings for soil level, temperature and spin speed.
- There’s even a “my cycle” preset button which allows you to input your customized preferences as a preset option.
The Kenmore Elite machine also features “Accela-wash” which speeds up the cycle by injecting the detergent in a special pattern. It also features steam cycles and even has a picture display that shows how much laundry detergent you should be using for your cycle choice.
Priced at around $1500 this machine is 5.1 cubic feet, making it the largest non-commercial washer on the market. There’s no doubt about it – if you have a large family, or if you do a LOT of laundry, this is the machine for you.
The cycle time of a normal wash is 48 minutes and with 14 different wash cycle options including sanitize and allergen, you can easily customize this washer to your needs. This is an HE machine and it also features a steam cycle.